Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inventory


New posts coming soon! For now, please enjoy some obsessively specific pop-culture lists.

10 Things The Ramones Wanna or Don't Wanna Do:
**Walk around with you ("I Don't Want to Walk Around With You")**
**Go down in the basement ("I Don't Wanna...To The Basement")**
**Be your boyfriend ("I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend")**
**Be a good boy ("Now I Wanna Be A Good Boy")**
**Be sedated ("I Wanna Be Sedated")**
**Be well ("I Wanna Be Well")**
**Sniff some glue ("Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue")**
**Grow up ("I Don't Wanna Grow Up")**
**Have something to do ("I Just Want To Have Something To Do")**
**Live ("I Wanna Live")**


10 Things We'll Forever Associate with The Simpsons
**Planet of the Apes, particularly Dr. Zaius**
"I hate every ape I see/from chimpan-A to chimpanzee/no, you'll never make a monkey out of me!"
**Pablo Neruda**
Lisa: "Pablo Neruda said, 'Laughter is the language of the soul."
Bart: "I am familiar with the works of Pablo Neruda."
**Theme Restaurants**
Marge: "An alligator wearing sunglasses?...Street signs? Indoors? Ha ha! Whatever!
**Eudora Welty**
Krusty: "Let's get going. I've got a date with Eudora Welty. [Loud offscreen belch.] Coming, Eudora!"
**Arnold Schwarzenegger**
Rainier Wolfcastle: "My new movie is me, standing in front of a brick wall for 90 minutes. It cost  $80 million to make.
**Meaningless Awards Shows**
Joe Frazier: "Webster's Dictionary defines excellence as 'the state or condition of being excellent.' And now, the winner of the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence..."
**Secret Societies Like The Masons**
Lenny: "You put that sticker on your car so you won't get any tickets. And this other one keeps paramedics from stealing your wallet while they're working on you."
Carl: "Oh, and don't bother calling 911 any more...Here's the real number."
**"Baby On Board" Signs**
Marge: "Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car!"
**A Streetcar Named Desire**
Marge: "I just don't see why Blanche should shove a broken bottle in Stanley's face. Couldn't she just take his abuse with gentle good humor?"
**purple. monkey. dishwasher.**

No comments:

Post a Comment